Saturday, April 05, 2008

Modern Life Is War, Braindead, War Hungry, Disnihil and Hallows. April 3rd @ the Church

I must have seen Modern Life Is War about 7 times before but never once actually heard them or watched them play. They seemed to play with bands I liked but I never bothered with them. Tonight was their last show in Philly, so I figured I'd give them a chance. Eh. I could do without them. They remind me of some band off of Revelation Records from the mid 90's but I can't for the life of me think of who it is. Kids were into them, but I dunno, maybe if I was more familiar with them it would have been better? They didn't really seem into it themselves so whatever.

Braindead was off. Esun I don't think could hear anything that was going on. But still they were good. Even know I heckled them relentlessly. But that's to be expected from me.

War Hungry had some good parts to their songs but overall I wasn't too into it. They could be alot better if you ask me.

Disnihil however were unreal. Heavy, noisey, and loud. ALOT like Unsane. Awesome.

Hallows- Learn how to sing asshole!

After the show I got a ride home so I didn't have to walk to the EL in the pouring rain, big thanks to Jon Louden's friend ( I can't remember his name for some reason) for the ride!
On our way to the car I ran into a real old friend Nell. She came up to me and was like holy shit Mike! I knew you were here, I heard someone yell "learn how to sing asshole" and knew it had to be you. We talked for a bit and decided that my ghost should haunt the Church and when it does people will hear heckling and not know where it's coming from and when ever there is a show, if they still have shows there when I'm dead, people up front will feel like someone is walking on their heads but there won't be anyone doing it, just my ghost!
That made me smile though, I felt like it made me a Philadelphia institution. I win.
Good show over all, and Zac from The Front Page and History told me that a band I used to be in, is what got him to want to start a band in the first place. My ego is enormous now. Look out!

No comments: