Sunday, December 28, 2008

Year In Review

Ok, I realize I haven't updated this in MONTHS. Which is weird considering I have spent the better part of this year with some form of physical ailment that kept me out of work or laid up in bed for weeks on end. One would think I'd have plenty of time to "blog". I still fucking hate that word by the way. Anyways, here's my review of the year 2008.

Lot's of awesome and non-awesome things happened we'll start with January and go till December.
January- not much went on that i can remember.
February- settled my workers comp case. $$$$$$$ bought alot of shit, broke some more shit.
March- no clue. did march even happen this year?
April - ReLoad's April Fools bike race was the highlight. broke 3 ribs that day. the begining of a long list of injuries for the year.
May- Got hit by car number 1 for the year. Tore a tendon in my left ankle and back wheel was destroyed.
June- Started couriering again. getting paid.
July- july 1st got hit by car number 3 for the year. destroyed my left hand (literally) fractured my cheek and sprained a bunch of shit. Sweet. couldn't open doors, jars, food, pretty much anything for weeks. if i wanted to eat or drink something i had to have a friend open it for me first. chong. also Restorations played their first show 2 days later, i played it. lot's of pain killers, itchiness, and space. went well for only being able to use one finger on my left hand.
August - was hot and I moved into my new house. which rules. have a roof deck attached to my bedroom and the biggest yard in Philadelphia.
September - don't know if anything cool happened.
October- went back to work and got hit by car numbers 4 and 5. didn't get hurt though. thank god. Also went to florida for The FEST. best weekend of the year so far.
November - tore my achillies tendon, fractured my heel and tore the muscle in the arch of my left foot. CHONG. didn't leave the house till the end of December.
December - sucked till x-mas day when I was ok with leaving the house finally. only went out twice but both times were with a hot babe. can't complain there at all.

Also recently found the musical stylings of Torche, Sleep, Electric Wizard, Isis, Pelican, Capsule, Old Man Gloom , Floor and others. why I slept on Doom/Stoner Rock I'll never know. But Torche may be the greatest band of all time.
Hopefully 2009 will be less painfull. But who am I trying to kid, one of the few good things I am good at is getting ridiculously hurt and not dying.

Maybe I'll update this more often. Next post will be my Best Of 2008 post for movies and music and whatever else I can think of.

till then go fuck yourselves.

1 comment:

La Fille Atomique said...

"December - sucked till x-mas day when I was ok with leaving the house finally. only went out twice but both times were with a hot babe. can't complain there at all."

Hot babe, huh?