Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blacklisted Record Release Show, @ The FUC In Philadelphia

Now, I won't lie and say I love Blacklisted, I actually only ever sat down and listened to them twice the first time was years ago. And wasn't into them too much then, just not my thing really. BUT, since I was in a band with Bean (jon nean, guitar), I do go see them and live they are unfuckwithable. Today was absolutely no exception. I heard the new record a few months ago right after they finished recording it and while it's still not my cup of tea, they did get alot better.
Ok i will start with the first band I saw, Soul Control, Bean said they sounded like Burn, 108 and Quicksand. I didn't hear any Quicksand in them but he was on point with the Burn and 108 part. They were really good, and get huge points for being a heavy band and the guitarist playing a Fender Tele. Up next was Shipwreck AD, I left and went to Wawa and got Bean a coffee since he slept on a few minutes over the last 2 days. I came back and Let Down was going on, not into them at all, they sound like 97a an older thrashy hardcore band. kids like them but I don't see what the deal is. Up next was Cold World. Jesus, how many wiggers can you put in one band and still try and call it a hardcore band? I kid, kind of. They are terrible and yet kids were all about them. So much chugga chugga that i got super bored super quick. Either way, not into them at all.
Right as they finished however I threw my Vitamin Water bottle (empty) at Phil Saynich and hit him square in the face from 40 feet away. I yelled O'Doyle rules at him and told him it was his punishment for being "So damn good looking"
Then Blacklisted went on and I took up my handicap parking space on the side of the stage.

From the first note the place went apey, it was amazing. I haven't seen them here at home before, only ever seeing them far far away from Philadelphia and seeing them get less than a great reaction everytime, tonight was impressive. I may not love the music, but i can see how alot of people would. Bean can write some riff's as i already knew from our previous band before he joined Blacklisted. You could tell they were tired, but the crowd more than made up for it by going batty. George sung barefoot and stepped on a kids hand, gross as hell. hahaha
The rest of the after show was spent talking with George and Dan Yemin, then I went and said by to everyone and went outside. Then I ran into Bosco (my one roommate)'s FUCKING BOY IAN. Who offered me a ride home so I didn't have to ride my bike.
What a great dude.

Oh and Dave Sausage looked at me like I was a martian when I asked for 3 copies of their new record on the LP format. But agreed that I was a good dude for buying 2 copies for Andrew and Kev.

Good day, Fuck Easter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

total good dude.

Andrew said...

Agree with Kev.
Also, I love how you hate everything in the review, but somehow spin it positively.