Sunday, March 23, 2008

Jena Berlin and Young Livers in Washington College Maryland Saturday March 22nd 2008

So our trip from Philadelphia started around 2pm. Me, Kev Somm,  Andrew and Heather and Rhiannon drove down to Delaware to get the trip started. Part of the trip involved going to the Christiana Mall so i could buy a new laptop. This part of the trip has been done before with great non-success. This time however we pulled it off and my credit card was actually approved! After that we walked around the mall for a hot minute and Kev told some girl that she'd be better looking if she wore less makeup. She was not pleased. But then another girl he told was a total babe and she high fived him. Delaware is a strange place indeed. Then we met Miss Delaware, and her grammar sucks. She spelled you're as your and when kev pointed it out to her she was real confused as to why that was wrong. Delaware is a strange place indeed.
So we left the mall and drove down to Maryland, passing the exit we were supposed to take by about 30miles, whoops. I guess i should have been paying attention instead of taking pictures of Kev sleeping in the back like a nancy. Rhiannon drove the whole way down and was a good sport with our ridiculousnesses. is that even a word? It is NOW!
So I navigate us another way to Washington College and we arrive just in time to sit around for a good 3 hours. We all, our crew and Jena Berlin and their posse went to get pizza and there was a forklift parked in a parking lot space?!? Maryland is a strange place indeed. So i hopped in it and got a sweet picture then we ate. Well they ate, there was nothing for me to eat so i heckled the employees to hurry up with Andrew's moz sticks. Which caused everyone to laugh.
They came almost directly after I yelled for them. I WIN!
We leave there and go back to the show and sit around for way too long. Watched idiot college dorks play Duck Duck Goose and got really offended by it.
Then Young Livers went on. I've never heard them before but since Andrew and I have pretty similiar tastes I figured if he liked them I would too, boy was I wrong. SIKE, they were actually awesome.  They only played what seemed like 5 songs though which was a bummer. Can't wait to see them again.
Jena Berlin went on next and the heckling was as obnoxious as ever. I don't think that stupid college town knew what was going on. They were good as usual, but played what seemed like 800 songs. Sorry guys, but that was way too many!!! Best heckle of the night was this:
"hey, page hamilton called he wants his riffs back!"
Then Heather who snuck a 5th of Jack into the building, got real drunk. To which I said to Andrew "hey man, keep our girlfriend we share from falling down will you?" and then once we were outside and walking to the car to leave "hey, pick up your end of this dating partnership and carry our girlfriend!"
I hope he doesn't get mad about our sharing a girlfriend sometimes! Do you Andrew?
Before we left though this girl from Boston told me one of my old bands was her favorite band ever. I still don't know how to respond to that kind of thing.
Then we drove home, which was all me, with an expired license no less. We got home safe and sound and it was a great trip indeed, we need more of these.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm writing to tell you that you forgot about the pretty clouds and the not so "scenic byway." haha
loveyou bff!

ps: If you ever would like me to proofread your blog, I would love to make some grammar adjustments. :)

Andrew said...

Worst girlfriend that we share!

("Hey! What the hell!?" - as I type this).

Heather said...

Dude Mike, I'm glad you want to reap the benefits of having an awesome girlfriend, like me, yet you didn't want to help me get to the car! I was drunk I can't remember this, but Andrew says my shoes were getting stuck in the grass, which is the most likely explanation of why I was falling over. It was obviously not the fifth of Jack I drank. You're part owner, where was your help?!

No porch for you.