Thursday, March 27, 2008

History Show In Abseacon New Jersey, March 25th 2008

So the night before the show I rode down to Josh's house to learn all the songs, as I would be playing bass for this show. We jammed them out for about 2 hours with about 40 breaks in between every song and I ended up leaving his place at 1am. Next day I only really remember 4 of the 7 songs but who cares at this point. So him and Justin pick me up at my house and we go to Jersey to grab the equipment. The drive down was pretty uneventfull aside from heckling random people on the way down and hitting up a Wawa and not paying for anything. We get to the house that the show is at and as we go in we enter the fucking twilight zone, seriously. There were 17 year old sluts drunk as balls wasting their lives away, mixed with late 90's wiggers, nazi skins, and wannabe tough guy hardcore dudes. All sticking to the same general theme of being complete scumbags. Holy Hell. No clue who any of the other bands were that played as there was a Flyers hockey game on and we spent most of the night watching that rather than the horrid bands we could hear coming from the basement. Flyers ended up winning btw, as I got an update while we played. During the band before us the kid who lived in the house decided everyone had to go downstairs and tried to turn off the hockey game, to which I told him "DON'T DO IT, DO NOT TURN OFF THAT TV MAN." It stayed on.

It was our turn to play and it went well and kids actually went bezerek. I probably played half the songs right, but I guess it didn't really matter as afterwards someone went up to Justin and told him he had seen them a month or so ago and that they sounded WAY better tonight.
Wild.
The ride home was filled with making fun of everything, then the bass player in The Front Page had to pee. Only Justin refused to stop. It went on for about 20mins with Teg freaking out about having to go and pointing out every place Justin could have pulled over to let him pee, but didn't. I almost pee'd my own pants from laughing at how absurd it got, till Justin finally pulled over and Teg pee'd on a tree while Justin kept driving away from him.
Then we got back to the city and I got dropped off and said hi to my dogs and went to bed.

No comments: